QuixTec provides technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, experienced SharePoint development group and Office 365 expert, QuixTec’s’ custom online or on premises solutions include the latest Microsoft updates throughout initiatives that we custom develop.
This update brings consistency in user experience for teams created via the Teams admin center and those created via Teams clients (desktop and web).
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 70696
- Timing: mid-March 2021
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: admin control
- Action: review and assess by March 15, 2021
How this will affect your organization
For new teams created via Teams admin center after this update:
- Teams will send Welcome emails to new members rather than Group welcome emails.
- Members of the new team will not receive updates for events scheduled in the group calendar.
- Unlike current teams created in the Teams admin center, after this change new teams will be hidden in Outlook experiences:
- The new team will not be displayed in Outlook clients, such as Outlook for Windows and Outlook on the web.
- The new team will not be displayed in the Outlook Address Book; in address lists for selecting message recipients; or in the Browse Groups dialog when searching groups.
What you need to do to prepare
Should you wish to continue having the current user experience for teams that are created in the Teams admin center, we recommend using the Groups Graph API to create teams.
You might want to notify your Teams admins about this change and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Learn more: Create an org-wide team in Microsoft Teams
QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is located in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: (425) 367-9025 SHAREPOINT DEVELOPMENT – CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – OFFICE 365 EXPERTS – SHAREPOINT DOCUMENT LIBRARIES – SHAREPOINT CONUSLTANCY – CUSTOM SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT