From Microsoft Corporation
MC215586, Stay Informed, Published date: Jun 8, 2020
Your users will soon be able to access their Language & Region settings in Azure Active Directory My Account (My Account); this is a public preview. For some users, the My Account location is in addition to access in Office 365 web application settings.
- Please note that the Language & Region settings currently accessible in Office web applications are only available to all-cloud (non-hybrid) tenants.
- The settings in Azure AD My Account will be available to users in both all-cloud and hybrid tenants.
When this will happen
- The public preview of the new setting will be available in My Account in late June.
- In late July, we will begin changing the interface in the Office application settings.
- Beginning in mid-August, the user Language & Region settings will be accessible only in My Account.
How this will affect your organization
The settings will be available in both locations only for all-cloud (non-hybrid) tenants and only until mid-August. After the public preview ends, these settings will be accessible only in My Account.
Most users will be able to access and edit their Language & Region settings in My Account, as shown below. Exceptions are outlined in the next section.
Language & Region settings are currently available only in Office application settings for all-cloud (non-hybrid) tenants, as shown below on the left. The view on the right shows that users will be directed to My Account to access those settings.
What you need to do to prepare
The settings in My Account will be visible to all users. However, the Display Language controls will be disabled for users in a hybrid tenant. In this case, users will see a message letting them know the setting is managed by their organization (screenshot below).
If your users are unfamiliar with My Account (myaccount.microsoft.com), consider sharing the following guidance with them about the experience.