From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin: MC276032 · Published Aug 6, 2021
Action required by Sep 10, 2021
If your organization is not using macOS you can safely disregard this message.
The OneDrive team is committed to bringing you the best, most secure experience possible across your devices. As such, we are ending support for the OneDrive Desktop application (sync client) on macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13 and focusing our resources on new technologies and supported operating systems. Going forward, only the three most recent versions of macOS will be supported. When a new major version of macOS is released, we will support the new version and the previous two versions.
Note: Both macOS Sierra 10.12 and macOS High Sierra 10.13 have been out of Apple’s mainline support since September 2019 and November 2020, respectively.
- Timing: September 10th, 2021
- Action: review and update impacted machines as appropriate.
How this affects your organization:
How users will be impacted after this change has rolled out:
- Existing OneDrive sync client installations on unsupported operating systems will stop updating. These clients will continue to run, but their functionality will no longer be tested. It is not advised to continue to run on these unsupported operating systems.
- New installations on unsupported operating systems will be blocked.
- Bugs and issues found on or specific to unsupported operating systems will no longer be investigated or fixed.
What you need to do to prepare:
To ensure a smooth transition we recommend that you upgrade machines accordingly. We recommend you upgrade to macOS Mojave 10.14 or above. For the best user experience and longest support lifecycle, we recommend upgrading to macOS Big Sur 11.0 or above.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions include the latest Microsoft updates we deliver to you.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: (425) 367-9025