SharePoint with Office 365 has revolutionized the corporate environment. It acts as powerful tool for enabling easy and fast content sharing and work collaboration. In the recent years, there has been huge uptake of Microsoft SharePoint Online as it allows business operations to run more smoothly and efficiently. It also reduces infrastructure costs by shifting it to the cloud. Most of the businesses are seeking assistance from IT consulting firms to adopt SharePoint in the Cloud due to its multiple benefits.
- With the use of SharePoint development in the Cloud, day to day business operations are simplified as it makes it easy to initiate, track and report business activities.
- Enterprises can seamlessly create and customize workflows, manage teams and enhance project based collaboration initiatives to near real-time scenarios. As Microsoft guarantees an uptime of 99.9 percent, you don’t need to worry about application uptime with the cloud. It provides access to reliable tools to make your work go smooth without worrying about server problems and issues.
- It also makes it easy to share documents and files with external users and corporate information through Microsoft accounts tied to corporate email address of an organisation. Microsoft also provides back-up and recovery of information, so users don’t need to rely upon third parties and additional costs.
- There are also easy to use abilities that allow you to create guest access, allowing guests to read or edit documents without authentication. This easy external user access can be a huge help in allowing your business to run smoothly and can be a great tool for fostering collaboration. Many companies are engaged in providing custom software development and SharePoint development services, so you can get complete assistance at every stage.
- Due to the Flexi License option, available with SharePoint online, you have the option to subscribe a license per user and buy only the features you need. When you buy Office 365 Business Premium, SharePoint is included free and it is monthly billed based upon the usage, so you can realistically set your IT consulting
- With SharePoint development in the Cloud, there is no need to hire additional resources. You don’t need to buy additional hardware. It automatically updates the software with newer versions and its additions. Hence, all the leg work is executed by Microsoft, so you don’t need to spend time, money and efforts on patches and upgrade maintenance. It can be easily integrated with a host of systems and services such as Window server’s OS, the Internet Information Service and the SQL Server database. Other important benefits lies in its convenience to manage online through a Virtual Private network.
- Microsoft provide top notch security features with cloud infrastructure to keep data completely under control and protected. However, some organisations are still reluctant to keep sensitive information including financial data, new innovations and other such data in the cloud. However, hybrid deployments are great solutions for such organisations. By utilising hybrid SharePoint deployments, organisations can keep all their sensitive data on-premises and move other collaboration needs to the cloud. They can also control how to store their one drive data.
SharePoint development Online also offers many other intangible benefits to small and growing businesses. They can easily set up fully blown enterprise systems. It can be easily scaled up or down per the business needs over time.
While it might be critical decision for any business to switch to SharePoint online, when professional SharePoint Cloud software is deployed sensibly, it can be a game changer for your enterprise.