From Microsoft Corporation
MC216864, Stay Informed, Published date: Jun 20, 2020
Microsoft uses the Fluent design system to ensure a cohesive and accessible design for all Microsoft products and users. Fluent will be applied to modern SharePoint which will result in some visual changes. You will notice larger and bolder typefaces, increased opacity for drop shadows, and rounded corners for square graphical elements.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 63777.
When this will happen
- We will begin rolling this out to Targeted Release customers in late June
- We will begin rolling this out to Standard Release customers in early July
- We expect the rollout to be completed by mid-July
How this will affect your organization
This update will make slight visual changes to your SharePoint sites and pages. These small changes are designed to increase usability and accessibility.
Most changes are subtle, such as:
- Bolder font weights
- Increased opacity for drop shadows
- Rounded corners for square graphical elements (like buttons)
- Slight color adjustments to out-of-the-box themes
- Slightly larger font sizes
What you need to do to prepare
This update is automatic, and no action is required by admins or users.
Learn more about Microsoft’s Fluent design system.
To send us feedback or questions about this change, select “Like” or “Dislike” at the top of this message in the Message Center.