From Microsoft Corporation
MC209666, Stay Informed, Published date: Apr 17, 2020
Updated June 5, 2020: We are updating the roll-out timeline to ensure the best possible experience. Please see change below.
We’re updating the Yammer Conversations web part for SharePoint to contain the new Yammer experience. SharePoint pages that use the existing Yammer Conversations web part will begin to display the new experience.
When will this happen?
- Targeted release: gradual rollout from early May to mid-May
- Standard release: gradual rollout from mid-May to late June (mid-June)
How does this affect me?
Modern SharePoint sites and pages that use the Yammer Conversations web part will begin displaying the new Yammer Conversations web part experience.
- Users will be able to create any type of Yammer post directly in SharePoint
- Users will be able to upload images and files into Yammer conversations directly in SharePoint
- Users will be able to start a conversation in any community
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
SharePoint Site administrators should be aware that both the length of conversations in the web part and the height of the web part will most likely increase on pages.
Page authors can adjust the web part configuration to change the number of conversations shown so that it fits into the overall layout of the pages/sites. The web part can show few as two and as many as 12 conversations. You might consider updating your user training and documentation.