From Microsoft Corporation
MC217892, Stay Informed, Published date: Jul 2, 2020
In April (MC211416) we announced public preview of the new Yammer. We are pleased to announce that the next phase of the new Yammer experience will begin in mid-July.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 65410.
When this will happen
We will begin this rollout in mid-July and anticipate completion the end of July.How this affects your organization
We have added functionality since public preview to make communities and conversations more impactful:
- Explanations for why a post is appearing in your Home Feed
- New Reactions to posts and replies
- Features Conversations to drive discoverability of important conversations in your organization
Improved Yammer feed, conversation, and community experience:
- New ML based Home Feed
- New visual design
- Ability to customize network branding to suit your organization
- Easily attach your most recently used files when making a post
- Pin your favorite communities in your left nav to make them easier to access
- Groups are now called communities
- Represent your communities through rich cover photos
- Pin posts to the top of a community feed
- Close a conversation when you no longer want replies
What you need to do to prepare
Review the changes and assess the impact on your organization. You can use a trial tenant to test the experience without changing your existing Yammer network.
1. Global Admins of existing networks can control how your organization previews and rolls out the new Yammer experience under the ‘New Yammer’ tab in Yammer Admin Settings. Choose between these options:
- Staying on the classic Yammer
- Enabling the new Yammer as opt-in
- Enabling the new Yammer as default setting
- Enabling the new Yammer for all users with no opt-out option
2. Newly created Yammer networks will see the new Yammer experience by default but have the option to switch to one of the other options listed above.
You can move back and forth between these four settings at any time.
Additionally, you may consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate.