Responsive websites provide more ways to allow customers to learn about and respond to your business. With the tremendous increase in the use of internet and web applications on mobile phones, responsive web development has emerged as the best decision thriving businesses can make. More and more businesses are turning towards responsive web application development to reap maximum benefits out of their websites.
Traditionally, when users used to browse any site, they were redirected to device specific website. With responsive website, there is one site implemented across all devices. The practice of responsive application development involves creating a mix of flexible grids and layouts, images and CSS media queries. It eliminates the need of individual website design and development phases specific to each new gadget in the market.
As more and more businesses are experiencing higher sales from mobile and tablets, it is imperative to make your ecommerce site flexible enough to accommodate the smaller screen size in a unified design. It has many other incredible benefits for big and small businesses:
- Responsive websites improve user’s experience by eliminating the need for redirection and unified design approach, it has positive impact on the potential customers. Website pages are served more quickly.
- With a single responsive website, there is no need to track users, conversions and redirection between sites. It removes the time and efforts involved in maintaining various multiple sites for a business.
- When a website works well on all platforms it is a competitive edge for a business. It responds automatically to the resolution, image size and scripting abilities. As more and more businesses are waking up to this advantage, they are adopting responsive website platforms to leap ahead of their competitors.
- With responsive web development, a business can drastically cut down time and cost. Rather than spending money on building a separate mobile website, it enables businesses to optimize one site for all devices.
- When users browse a responsive website, they don’t need to struggle with zooming or pinching their screen as the website automatically adjust to the screen size of a device. Responsive web application development simplifies reading and navigation to enhance the usability of your site.
- Responsive websites can easily be created using templates that offer power features and impressive look and feel that can improve professional perception of a business. But real power and individualism and uniqueness can be attained by web developers experienced in HTML5 coding. Nearly every business can easily move their current web content to a responsive website these days.
In order to get maximum benefits of a responsive web site, it is essential to consider its design and responsive web development should respond as per user behaviour and screen size, platform and orientation.