From Microsoft Corporation
MC224238, Stay Informed, Published date: Oct 14, 2020
New feature, User impact
Teams meeting participants soon will be able transfer a meeting between a mobile device and a computer when they are logged in with the same AAD account. In addition to being able to transfer a meeting between devices, meeting participants may add another device as a companion to their meeting.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 67176.
When this will happen
- We are currently rolling this out in production and expect to be complete by the end of the week.
- We will roll this out to GCC at the end of October.
How this will affect your organization
How to transfer a meeting from one device to another or add a companion device:
- Open Teams (mobile app or desktop app) on the second device
- On the banner advising that the meeting is in progress, select Join.
- Then select “Add this device” or “Transfer to this device”
When adding or transferring to a mobile device
When adding or transferring to a desktop device
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to update your end user documentation.