The custom software development industry is one of the fastest growing IT sectors. According to the best custom software development businesses in Seattle, a custom software should have the right foundation to start with. To make sure that the software is worth using, developers should pay attention to the strengths, history, weaknesses and culture of the chosen development technology. Below are some tips, budding developers can use to identify the best technology for their project.
- Innovation vs Adoption: Before starting with the project you have to understand the purpose of the software. Is it addressing a unique problem or is it just wanting some customizations to existing products in the market. Innovations will need fresh thought and may be a combinations of technologies, while small customizations can take existing product technologies as their inspiration.
- Do not trust blindly: Just because Facebook was built with PHP, does not mean all social media software should use the same technology. Facebook, however successful it may be, has its limitations. So, choose a technology that would serve your project well and forget about what worked for others.
- Company’s Core Values: Before starting the project it is essential to understand the client’s business. Is your client’s company very young or an established name? Is it a startup or much like a Fortune 500 company? What is the technology culture in the organization? All these facets help you develop a product that suits the end needs.
- Implement some industry trends: Custom software development consultants from Seattle are of the opinion that developers need to stay proactive. Just because there were certain limitations for a technology does not mean it has not been corrected yet. With every passing day technologies are vastly improving and you can stay in touch with such positive changes by following best technology resources around.
- Don’t be a Sheep: Then again the problem of over-relying on industry trends is that they may fail you. Industry trends come and go, so the developer has to remain logical about the use of technology for any project. Falling for a technology fad may make your product redundant in the next couple of years!
Custom software development specialists in Seattle believe that with the right use of technology, an envious end product can be developed. QuixTec has delivered state-of-the-art projects for fortune 100’s to small start-ups. Now, you know what that means – happy clients!