Identity Service, SharePoint Development Services, SharePoint Development, Custom Development
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC348869 · Published Mar 29, 2022
In April 2020, the combined security information registration experience for registering both multifactor authentication (MFA) and self-service password reset (SSPR) was released for you to opt in. Upcoming, we will be making the new combined security information registration experience the default for all tenants.
Note: This change will not impact you if your tenant was created after August 15th, 2020, or your tenant is located in the China region.
- Timing: We will begin rolling this out in early October and expect to complete rollout early January 2023.
- Action: No action is necessary as the default SSPR, and MFA registration experience will change on your behalf in early October.
- Roll-out: tenant level
How this will affect your organization:
With this change MFA and SSPR registration will occur in a combined experience hosted on MySignins page instead of separate experiences. This reduces the number of times users have to register security information. To plan for this change, you can base your training on the user documentation as well as additional security verification page to prepare your users for the new experience and help to ensure a successful rollout.
This will rollout default on.
What you need to do to prepare:
If your organization has not adopted the combined security information experience for end users in Azure Active Directory, you can enable it prior to September 30th.
To review your organization’s current setting and enable combined registration for all users, complete these steps:
- Sign into the Azure portal as a user administrator or global administrator.
- Go to Azure Active Directory > User settings > Manage user feature settings.
- Under Users can use the combined security information registration experience, choose to enable for All users.