From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC299404 · Published Nov 19, 2021
We’re making changes to the editing experience for SharePoint pages to make it easier for users to understand where they are by adding labels, reducing clutter by consolidating actions into a single web part toolbar, and putting authors into focus mode by default to remove visual distractions.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 82177.
When this will happen:
- Targeted Release (select users and entire org): will rollout in early December and to be complete by early January 2022.
- Standard: will rollout in mid-January 2022 and be complete by early February 2022.
How this will affect your organization:
Changes to Focus Mode:
- When entering edit mode, authors of SharePoint pages and news will enter focus mode which will remove the site header and navigation so authors can focus on the task of editing a page. Users can still exit focus mode manually if desired.
Changes to content and section labels:
- While editing, authors will notice new labels demarking sections and web parts so its clearer for them to understand what’s being used in the page.
Changes to web part toolbar:
- Authors will notice webpart toolbars moving from a vertical placement to horizontal, and actions consolidated into that single web part toolbar.
What you need to do to prepare:
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization with experience in a plethora of IT Software Languages. As a Microsoft Partner, we specialize in Discounted Microsoft Software Licensing, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 and HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. Our dedication to IT excellence is evidenced through our PECB ISO Certification training center. The only PECB ISO authorized center in Washington State. QuixTec, implements and provides training for upcoming open-source digital marketing services that are taking the industry by storm. This solution, used by over 100,000 businesses, provides enterprise level marketing capabilities at startup rates. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate.
SharePoint Development Services – SharePoint Development - Custom Software Development - Microsoft 365 Experts - Microsoft 365 - IT Staffing Services - IT Staffing - WordPress Development Services - Form Email Validation - Microsoft Licensing - Mautic Open Source Marketing – Best IT Staffing Agencies – IT Staffing Company - PECB ISO Training and Certification