From Microsoft Corporation
MC230176 · Published Dec 16, 2020
The Insights app in Teams provides personalized insights to improve productivity and wellbeing and data-driven recommendations to help you build better work habits.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 68747
- Timeline: Available starting early February 2021 and completing rollout by end of April
- Requirement: Users with MyAnalytics license can access the features within the Insights Teams app
- Roll-Out: Insights will be available as a Teams Personal app but will not be directly installed for your users.
- Admin Control: via the Teams admin center
How this affects your organization:
Once the Insights app is available in Teams, and enabled by admins, users will be able to leverage:
- The stay connected tab which makes it seamless to pin an important collaborator to see communications from emails, chats and shared documents that might require follow up in one place, and schedule regular 1:1s to maintain strong relationships.
- The protect time tab which makes it seamless to schedule time in the week before it fills up with meetings for focused, uninterrupted work.
If the app is not disabled through admin policy, users can search for “Insights” in the Teams App store and install the app. If app is already installed, user can pin the app on the left navigation pane for easier access.
Note: The insights in the app are completely personal and private; no administrator or manager can see another individual’s insights. All data is stored inside the user’s mailbox and the app is subject to the same GDPR compliance terms as Office 365. Learn more about Insights app in Teams and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
What you need to do to prepare:
Review and assess the impact for your organization. If you wish to:
- Enable easier access to Insights for your users, you can install the app for the whole organization or select users, through Teams Admin Center. Further, you can also pin the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of Insights.
- Not install the app but make the app available for users to download and use, make sure the app is not blocked in Teams admin center.
- Disable the Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center once the app is rolled out.