From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC289724 · Published Oct 6, 2021
We are introducing a change to the Excel Trust Center Macro settings to provide a more secure experience for users by default. This new default behavior will disable Excel 4.0 macros.
Note: Users who have already configured this setting or have a group policy configuration in place will not be affected by this change.
- Insiders-Slow: will rollout in late October and be complete in early November.
- Current Channel: will rollout in early November and be complete in mid-November.
- Monthly Enterprise Channel (MEC): will begin and complete rollout in mid-December.
- Roll-out: tenant level
- Control type: admin control
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization:
The setting Enable XLM macros when VBA macros are enabled will now be unchecked by default, thus disabling XLM macros. This change is limited to end-users who have not yet configured this macro setting or who do not have a group policy configured by their tenant admins.
- Users who have previously configured this setting or who have an existing group policy configuration in place will not be impacted by this change.
- Affected users will still be able to re-enable and configure the behavior of XLM macros via the Excel Trust Center settings.
What you need to do to prepare:
There is no required action from tenant admins.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: