From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC299403 · Published Nov 19, 2021
We’re updating Microsoft Secure Score improvement actions to ensure a more accurate representation of security posture.
When this will happen:
We expect to begin rolling this out to customers in mid-December and expect the rollout to be completed by late December.
How this will affect your organization:
Improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated in Secure Score could potentially change the overall organizational score.
The following improvement actions will be added:
- Turn on Safe Attachments in block mode
- Do not allow Exchange Online calendar details to be shared with external users
- Turn on Safe Documents for Office Clients
- Turn on the common attachments filter setting for anti-malware policies
- Ensure that there are no sender domains allowed for Anti-spam policies
- Create Safe Links policies for email messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for malware
- Turn on Microsoft Defender for Office 365 in SharePoint, OneDrive, and Microsoft Teams
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for phishing messages
- Create zero-hour auto purge policies for spam messages
- Block abuse of exploited vulnerable signed drivers
- Turn on scanning of removable drives during a full scan
What you need to do to prepare:
There is no action you need to take to prepare for this change, but you may consider reviewing the improvement actions that are being added, removed or updated.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization with experience in a plethora of IT Software Languages. As a Microsoft Partner, we specialize in Discounted Microsoft Software Licensing, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 and HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. Our dedication to IT excellence is evidenced through our PECB ISO Certification training center. The only PECB ISO authorized center in Washington State. QuixTec, implements and provides training for upcoming open-source digital marketing services that are taking the industry by storm. This solution, used by over 100,000 businesses, provides enterprise level marketing capabilities at startup rates. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate.
SharePoint Development Services – SharePoint Development - SharePoint Consultancy Services - Custom Solution Development - Microsoft 365 Experts - Microsoft 365 - IT Staffing Services - WordPress Development Services - Form Email Validation - Microsoft Licensing - Mautic Open Source Marketing – Best IT Staffing Agencies – IT Staffing Company - PECB ISO Training and Certification