Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Viva, Microsoft 365 Experts
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC336856 · Published Feb 26, 2022
Viva Insights is introducing updates to better enable users to protect time for focus from the Viva Insights Teams app. These updates to the protect time page will allow users to enroll in a focus plan and adjust preferences to auto book focus time on one’s calendar from within the Insights app in Teams. Users enrolled in a focus plan will also see insights about their progress towards their focus time goals.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88957.
When will this happen:
We expect rollout to begin in early March and expect it to be completed by late March.
How will this affect your organization:
As this change begins rolling out, users in your organization will see the following updates:
- The “Protect Time” tab of the Viva Insights Teams app will be updated with a modified interface and will allow users to enroll in a focus plan directly from the tab.
- Users who are enrolled in a focus plan will see a card on the “Protect Time” tab with insights on their past focus time kept and upcoming focus time booked
- Note: These insights are personal, private, and not shared with others.
- The Viva Insights settings page of the app will be updated to provide users with the option to configure their focus plan preferences.
- Note: These updates will honor existing admin and user preferences and settings by default. No additional action is required from the users or administrators.
What do you need to do to prepare:
Review and assess the impact for your organization. Additionally, you might consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. Learn more about Microsoft Viva Insights and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate:
SharePoint Development Services – SharePoint Development – Custom Software Development – Microsoft 365 Experts – Microsoft 365 – IT Staffing Services – IT Staffing – WordPress Development Services – SEO Services