From Microsoft Corporation
MC224244, Plan For Change, Published date: Oct 14, 2020
New feature, User impact
Major update: AnnouncementApplies To: AllUpdated October 27, 2020: We have updated this post with a link to Additional Information.
We will be gradually enabling a modern capability to easily add custom content types to SharePoint lists & libraries that allow multiple content types.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 67164
- Targeted release: gradual rollout from mid-October to late November.
- Standard release: starting in December and expect to complete at the end of January
- Roll out: tenant level
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization:
Custom content types that are available to your SharePoint sites can easily be added to lists & libraries that allow multiple content types.
- In those SharePoint lists & libraries that allow multiple content types, a new ‘Content type’ option will be available in the ‘Add column’ menu. Learn more about supporting multiple content types
- In the panel that appears, you will be able to select any of the valid custom content types for the list or library, review their information and choose to add them.
- On selecting “Apply”, the custom content type will be added to the list or library.
What you need to do to prepare:
This new capability will be available in SharePoint lists & libraries that already have multiple content types allowed, when the feature rolls out to your tenant. The existing option within List setting & Library settings will continue to be available.
You may want to update any training and documentation and share this with users who are familiar with using custom content types in your organization.