From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC296205 · Published Nov 3, 2021
Multi-language Teams meeting invite control enables administrators to configure the join information languages in meeting invitations. Controlled by a new policy parameter, this feature allows the administrator to set up to two languages to replace the user preferred language when creating new Teams meeting invitations across all email platforms.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 81521.
When this will happen:
We expect this update to begin rolling out in early December 2021 and expect the rollout to be fully completed by mid January 2022.
How this will affect your organization:
Administrators will soon be able to use the new -MeetingInviteLanguages parameter in CsTeamsMeetingPolicy to set the join information language used in the meeting invite. Administrators can choose to set this at the user or group level, or for the entire organization.
This parameter will allow administrators to set up to two languages to replace the user preferred language when creating a new Teams meeting invite across all platforms including Outlook desktop client, Outlook for the web, Outlook mobile app, and the Teams desktop/mobile apps.
Impact to users:
- If an administrator specifies a language override using the -MeetingInviteLanguages parameter, users will not have control over the language used for the join link in meeting invitations they create.
- Using the below multiple languages example, the screenshot illustrates how the meeting invitation will look.
Screenshot of a Teams meeting invitation in Outlook showing the join information displayed in English followed by the same information in French
What you need to do to prepare:
To set one language
- In the above example, the administrator is setting the meeting invite language to English (en-US). If the meeting policy is updated with a single language and the same meeting policy is applied to all users in the organization, all users will create the meeting invite details in the specified single language – regardless of their preferred language.
- Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -MeetingInviteLanguages “en-US”
To set multiple languages
- In the above example, the administrator is setting the meeting invite language to English (en-US) and French (fr-FR).
- Set-CsTeamsMeetingPolicy -Identity Global -MeetingInviteLanguages “en-US,fr-FR”
- The order of the languages displayed in the meeting invite follows the order of the languages specified in the PowerShell cmdlet.
- If -MeetingInviteLanguages was not set on the policy (default), there will be no impact to the user and the preferred user language will take effect.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: