MC525144, Microsoft Viva, SharePoint Development Services
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC525144 · Published Mar 9, 2023
Viva Goals Administrators (and Global Administrators) will now have a new admin page from which they can manage the existing Viva Goals policy settings for the tenant. In addition, now they will also be able to view and manage all the organizations on Viva Goals by updating the organization owner or admin privileges.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 117475
When this will happen:
We will begin rolling out in late March 2023 and expect to complete rollout by early April 2023.
How this will affect your organization:
Currently, Viva Goals Administrators (or Global admins) can manage the following aspects of Viva Goals:
- Creating organizations or configuring who can create organizations within Viva Goals.
- Enabling integrations that should be available for all Viva Goals organizations in the tenant.
- Configuring the URLs that can be embedded in Viva Goals Dashboards.
After this rollout begins, Viva Goals will have the following admin controls starting in late March 2023:
- The Viva Goals Admins or Global admins will be able to view all organizations and their metadata. They can update the owners or admins for these organizations. They can also administrate an organization on Viva Goals by granting themselves organization admin privileges.
- These abilities will be accessible from a newly refined admin page called the Viva Goals admin portal.
What you need to do to prepare:
Learn about various roles and permissions on Viva Goals and we recommend assigning Viva Goals Administrator(s) if you have members other than Global administrators to manage the Viva Goals policy settings for the company.