From Microsoft Corportation
MC214684, Stay Informed, Published date: May 29, 2020
Office 365 ProPlus was renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise on April 21. New name, same great value, same price – no change to your existing subscription.
Why is my subscription changing names?
We renamed Office 365 ProPlus together with the following subscriptions to be more reflective of the current range of features and benefits in each:
- Office 365 Business Essentials becomes Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium becomes Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Business Premium
- Office 365 Business becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office 365 ProPlus becomes Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
There are no price or feature changes. The same apps and services are available, only with an updated name. The name of your subscription automatically updated in Microsoft documentation, the Admin Center and your billing statements after April 21, 2020.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
You might need to adjust some of your existing workflows because of the name change. For example, if you use an automatic deployment rule (ADR) to deploy updates by using Configuration Manager.
Learn more about all the actions you need to take in this article.
Learn more about the SKU name changes in this blog.