QuixTec provides technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, experienced SharePoint development group and Office 365 expert, QuixTec’s’ custom online or on premises solutions include the latest Microsoft updates throughout initiatives that we custom develop.QuixTec provides technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, experienced SharePoint development group and Office 365 expert, QuixTec’s’ custom online or on premises solutions include the latest Microsoft updates throughout initiatives that we custom develop.
FROM MICROSOFT CORPORATION
As communicated in MC220490 (August ’20), Microsoft 365 apps and services will be focusing their efforts on modern browser support over the coming year. As a result, Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) after August 17, 2021; after this date, Microsoft 365 apps and services will be unable to connect, or have a degraded feature experience, when accessed on IE11.
For a full list of Microsoft apps with intentions to end support on IE11, please see this Docs page.
Please note: The IE 11 changes are specific to Microsoft 365 apps and services. IE 11 remains a supported browser as a component of the Windows operating system and will follow the Lifecycle Policy for the product on which it is installed.
Microsoft 365 applications and services
- Timing: Microsoft 365 apps and services will no longer support Internet Explorer 11 after August 17, 2021.
- Microsoft Teams ended support on Internet Explorer 11 as of November 30, 2020.
- Action: To access Microsoft 365 apps and services, use Microsoft Edge, another supported browser, or an applicable Win-32 app (if available).
How this will affect your organization:
After the dates listed above, Microsoft 365 apps and services will need to be accessed via Microsoft Edge, another supported browser, or through an applicable Win-32 app (if available). The Microsoft Edge browser provides a faster, more responsive experience for Microsoft 365 apps and services. You can also still run business-critical, Internet Explorer-based apps and sites in Microsoft Edge through Internet Explorer mode.
What you need to do to prepare:
To address these announcements, upgrade to Microsoft Edge prior to August 17, 2021. Microsoft 365 apps and services will continue to support Microsoft Edge.
- If you’d like help upgrading your organization’s devices to Microsoft Edge, FastTrack can help with deployment and configuration at no additional charge for customers with eligible Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- For help with web app and site compatibility, learn more about the App Assure program.
- You can download Microsoft Edge here.
- Read more about these changes in the Lifecycle announcement.
- Our blog also provides more information about these announcements.
QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is located in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: (425) 367-9025 SHAREPOINT DEVELOPMENT – CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – OFFICE 365 EXPERTS – SHAREPOINT DOCUMENT LIBRARIES – SHAREPOINT CONUSLTANCY – CUSTOM SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT