MC197403, Plan For Change, Published date: Dec 4, 2019
FROM MICROSOFT CORPORATION
Major Update: AnnouncementApplies To: All customers
SharePoint classic blogs and Delve blogs are being retired. Existing SharePoint classic blogs will continue to work as expected, including the ability to create new posts, but you will not be able to create new blog sites after a period of time.
Delve blogs will no longer be available for creation, and existing blogs will eventually be removed, after an extended period of read only access.How does this affect me?
If you use SharePoint classic blogs, be aware that:
- Beginning January 18th, 2020, the classic blog site template name will change to “Blogs (retired)”.
- Beginning July 17th, 2020, the ability to create new classic blog sites through the user interface will be turned off.
If you use Delve blogs, be aware that:
- Beginning January 18th, 2020, tenants will not have the ability to create new Delve blogs.
- Beginning February 18th, 2020 the ability to create new, or edit existing posts, in existing Delve blogs will be disabled.
- Beginning July 17th, 2020, existing Delve blogs will be deleted and removed from Delve profiles.
What do I need to do to prepare for this change?
Plan to use alternative methods of blogging. We recommend creating Communication sites using News, Yammer, and Stream as a modern way of engaging with your audience.
See this article on how to setup a great blogging site : Creating a blog with communications sites and news posts
If you’d like to transition your existing blog content to a modern communication site, that is possible using the community supported PnP Page transformation tool, available here: Modernize Delve blogs and classic blogs