Azure Information Protection, SharePoint Development Services, Microsoft 365 Experts
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC344412 · Published Mar 18, 2022
We are announcing that the AIP Network Discovery service (preview) will be retired on September 30th, 2022.
Starting today, March 18th, 2022, Network scan jobs (Preview) and Repositories (Preview) pages are retired and set to read-only for any customers who have not yet configured the Network Discovery service.
Note: Customers who already have network scan jobs configured will continue to have write access to the Network scan jobs (Preview) and Repositories (Preview) pages and all configurations until the retirement date. A related warning is displayed on the top of the related pages in the Azure portal.
When this will happen:
- As of March 18th, 2022, we set the Network scan jobs (Preview) and Repositories (Preview) page into a read only mode for any customers who have not yet configured the Network Discovery service
- We will keep Network scan jobs (Preview) and Repositories (Preview) available until September 30th. After this date, features will be disabled, and pages removed from UI
How this will affect your organization:Beginning September 30th, we will disable the Network scan jobs (Preview) and Repositories (Preview) for all customers.
- Any existent jobs will stop working, and there will be no new data added.
- Previously collected data will not be accessible via the Repositories (Preview) page as it will be removed from UI.
What you need to do to prepare:If you have Network scan jobs configured, be sure that you have no dependent services that rely on data collected by Network Discovery service by September 30th.If you do not have Network scan jobs configured, no action is required.
- Network Discovery documentation
- AIP Scanner configuration
- AIP removed and deprecated services
- Detailed information on our Yammer post
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate:
SharePoint Development Services – SharePoint Development – Custom Software Development – Microsoft 365 Experts – Microsoft 365 – IT Staffing Services – IT Staffing – WordPress Development Services – SEO Services