Microsoft 365 Suite, Microsoft 365 Experts
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC348215 · Published Mar 28, 2022
We’ll be retiring the Hold statistics functionality from Core eDiscovery and Advanced eDiscovery, due to variability in the consistency of items count and size estimated from the statistics. This variability creates significant challenges for organizations who depend on consistent and repeatable results for eDiscovery legal hold workflows. Instead, we recommend the utilization of search and collection workflows within eDiscovery to get statistics on items on hold, which is where we will continue to invest our development resources.
- Timing: Retirement will begin in late April and is expected to be completed by early May
- Action: Review your eDiscovery legal hold process
- Roll-out: tenant level
How this will affect your organization:
Your organization’s eDiscovery administrators and eDiscovery managers will no longer have access to view Hold statistics in
- Core eDiscovery > Case > Hold > Hold policy > Hold statistics
- Advanced eDiscovery > Case> Hold > Hold policy > Hold statistics
View image in new tab
What you need to do to prepare:
Review and consider updating your eDiscovery legal hold process.
- Instead of hold statistics, refer to “Status” field from hold details to validate that the data locations were successfully placed on hold.
- If you see status “On (Success)”, it means the hold has been placed on the data locations.
- Instead of using hold statistics, we recommend using existing search and collection workflows within eDiscovery.
- If you are using Core eDiscovery, create a search with the location and the query from your hold policy.
- If you are using Advanced eDiscovery, create a collection with the locations and the query from your hold policy. Add the collection to a review set to get a detailed view of items on hold.
- Create eDiscovery holds in a Core eDiscovery case
- Search for content in a core eDiscovery case
- Manage holds in Advanced eDiscovery
- Create a draft collection
- Collection statistics and reports
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate:
SharePoint Development Services – SharePoint Development – Custom Software Development – Microsoft 365 Experts – Microsoft 365 – IT Staffing Services – IT Staffing – WordPress Development Services – SEO Services