Microsoft Viva, Microsoft 365 Experts
From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin: MC313659 · Published Jan 12, 2022
Viva insights is releasing new capabilities to help teams protect time for focused work. The shared focus plan will enable managers and team leads with a Microsoft Viva Insights license to foster mutual productivity norms and drive a positive team culture by inviting teams to coordinate focus time for uninterrupted work.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88839.
When this will happen:
- Targeted release starting in late January 2022.
- Standard Release will begin rolling out in early February 2022 and we expect the rollout to be complete by mid-March 2022.
How this will affect your organization:
Licensed managers and team leads will be able to access the shared focus plan on the My Team tab within the Microsoft Viva Insights app in Microsoft Teams. This is an opt-in plan, and Shared focus plan participants do not need to be licensed.
View image in new tab
What you need to do to prepare:
- Inform eligible users with the Viva Insights license of the new shared focus plan.
- Enable easier access to the Viva Insights Teams app for your users by pinning the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of the My team tab.
- Create a custom-app permission policy and assign it to select users and ensure the app is not blocked in the teams admin center.
- If you wish to disable the Viva Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center.
- Review and assess the impact on your organization. Additionally, you might consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. Learn more about Microsoft Viva Insights, MyAnalytics, Briefing email, and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins unaltered from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: