From Microsoft Corporation
MC214706, Stay Informed, Published date: May 30, 2020
We have three new features coming soon that will improve the form experience for SharePoint document libraries and lists.
When this will happen
- We will begin rolling these features out to Targeted Release customers in mid-June; the rollout should be complete by late June.
- We will begin rolling these features out worldwide in late June; the rollout should be complete by mid-August.
How this will affect your organization
Feature 1. SharePoint document libraries and lists: Bulk edit yourlist items and file properties in the form
- Users will now beable to select multiple items and edit their list items or documents propertiesat once in the form.
- This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 64228
Feature 2. SharePoint list or document libraries: Open a list item or library item within the form while in Quick edit
- Users will gain full access to their list and library formsinside of Quick edit
- This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 64232
Feature 3. SharePoint lists: Create a new list item via a form in Quick edit
- Users will now see the “New” button on their command bar inlists when they are in Quick edit to create items via the form.
- This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 64230
What you need to do to prepare
You might consider updating your user training and documentation.