From Microsoft Corporation
MC233430 · Published Jan 8, 2021
From QuixTec, LLC: about Microsoft Technical Bulletins: The information contained in these technical bulletins are provided ‘unaltered’ from the Microsoft 365 Message center. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, experienced SharePoint development group and Office 365 expert, QuixTec’s’ custom online or onprem solutions simplify your business processes. QuixTec observes the latest Microsoft notifications throughout initiatives that we custom develop for you.
We are bringing suggested communities to the right rail on the Yammer home page and improving the pinned conversation experience.
When this will happen
We will start rolling this out in late-January and expect to complete by the end of February.
How this will affect your organization
Once the changed is rolled out:
- Suggested communities on the home page:
- You will now have an easier time discovering and joining communities on Yammer! Upon every visit to the home page, you’ll see 3 personalized community suggestions for you to join. Want to learn more about the community? Visit it by clicking on the community shown. Want to join the community suggested? Join it by clicking the ‘Join Community’ button below the community you’d like to join. Don’t like the suggestion? Dismiss it by clicking the ‘X’ button in the upper right corner of the community displayed.
- An improved pinned conversation experience:
- For community feeds – pinned conversations will be seen in a view optimized for vertical height (less text, attachments, and comments shown) if the newest activity on the conversation has been seen.
- For event feeds – pinned conversations will always start off in a view optimized for vertical height (less text, attachments, and comments shown).
- Want to see more of the pinned conversation? Expand the conversation by clicking the chevron in the upper left hand corner of the conversation card. To view less of the conversation, simply click the chevron again.
What you need to do to prepare
We recommend you share out the coming change to community admins, as they may want to add community cover photos or avatars to help their communities stand out in the suggestions, or pin conversations without fear of taking up too much room on the feed.
QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is located in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: (425) 367-9025 SHAREPOINT DEVELOPMENT – CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – OFFICE 365 EXPERTS – SHAREPOINT DOCUMENT LIBRARIES – SHAREPOINT CONUSLTANCY – CUSTOM SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT