From Microsoft Corporation
MC217689, Stay Informed, Published date: Jun 30, 2020
We will soon roll out the new tasks experience in Outlook on the web as we move from preview to general availability. With this change, we will remove the preview opt-in toggle; this means the classic tasks experience will no longer be available.
This feature is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 64940.
When this will happen
- We will begin rolling this out to targeted release customers in early-July.
- We will begin rolling this out to standard release customers in mid-July and expect the rollout to be complete by the end of August.
How this will affect your organization
The new tasks experience in Outlook powered by To Do helps users plan better and get more done with smart lists like Important and Planned. The list sharing feature will enable users to collaborate with friends, family and colleagues. Your tasks sync across Microsoft 365 and Office 365 so you can also manage your tasks on the go, with the Microsoft To Do Android and iOS mobile applications.
With this change, Tasks will get all the collaboration and co-editing features of To Do but the following features will not be supported in the new tasks experience in Outlook on the web.
- Advance formatting options in notes (e.g., tables and inline images)
- Marking task private
- Multiple priority levels
- Multiple Task status
- Start and end dates
- Task completion percentage
- Tasks in shared mailboxes; users will still be able access those tasks in Outlook for Windows and Mac
- Task work hours
What you need to do to prepare
There is nothing you need to do for this update but you should consider updating your training materials.