From Microsoft Corporation
MC236019 · Published Jan 26, 2021
QuixTec provides technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, experienced SharePoint development group and Office 365 expert, QuixTec’s’ custom online or onprem solutions include the latest Microsoft updates throughout initiatives that we custom develop for you.
We’ve made some changes in the ink toolbox within iOS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint clients.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 67356
- Timing: late February through mid-March 2021
- Roll-out: user level
- Control type: user control
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization
iOS users will experience the following changes to their ink toolbox within Word, Excel and PowerPoint clients
- Lasso and Eraser tools will be moved inside of the toolbox
- Users will be able to add additional pens by right clicking on existing pens
- Their toolbox will be reset to the default number of pens and colors
- Any additional pens the user may have added will have been removed
- Most recently used colors will be reset to default
- Pencil and highlighter are added to the toolbox rather than hidden behind the “+” pen option
- Draw with touch, ink to text and ink to shape features are removed from under the dropdown (the arrow in the ‘current’ ribbon next to ruler)
What you need to do to prepare
This is an automatic, user-level update.
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
Learn more: Meet the new pen toolbox
QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is located in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: (425) 367-9025 SHAREPOINT DEVELOPMENT – CUSTOM SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT – OFFICE 365 EXPERTS – SHAREPOINT DOCUMENT LIBRARIES – SHAREPOINT CONUSLTANCY – CUSTOM SOLUTION DEVELOPMENT