From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC281360 · Published Aug 27, 2021 · Last updated Oct 26, 2021
Updated October 26, 2021: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
This new feature will allow users on Teams mobile app to share feedback directly from the Help & Feedback option in Settings, without needing to send an email message. You will also be able to control which elements (like email addresses, and logs) can be shared by users when sending feedback on the mobile app.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID:84004.
When this will happen:
We will begin rolling this out in late September and be complete by mid-December (previously late October).
- This change is only applicable to the standard release.
How this will affect your organization:
In addition to users being able to send feedback by using the mobile app, take note of how you can control mobile feedback elements using existing admin policies for Teams.
- You can disable, enable send feedback; default on
- You can enable, disable sharing email as part of send feedback; default off; if enabled, users will get option to share email – default opt out
- You can enable, disable sharing logs as part of send feedback; default off; if enabled, users will get option to share logs – default opt out; log collection to be supported only on Mobile as of now
Note: Send feedback will not be available for student licenses and the entry point for send feedback will remain same for end users.
View image in new tab
All previous admin settings will be respected and left unchanged.
What you need to do to prepare:
Use cmdlet to modify Teams feedback policy. Policy changes apply to Desktop, Web and Mobile clients
- Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/skype/set-csteamsfeedbackpolicy?view=skype-ps
- UserInitiatedMode: Set parameter to enabled to allow users who are assigned the policy to give feedback; default ENABLED
- AllowEmailCollection: Set this to TRUE to enable Email collection; default FALSE
- AllowLogCollection: Set this to TRUE to enable log collection; default FALSE; log collection to be supported only on Mobile as of now
- Manage feedback policies in Microsoft Teams
- Prior to rolling out this release, we will update this link with greater admin documentation via a MC update.