From Microsoft Corporation
MC207439, Stay Informed, Published date: Mar 24, 2020
Major update: AnnouncementApplies To: All
As a part of our commitment to customers and Microsoft cloud services continuity during these unprecedented times, we’re making temporary adjustments to select capabilities within Microsoft 365.
Here are a few updates. The changes previously announced are down below for reference.
- The video search experience in Stream will temporarily exclude results from transcripts for these data centers: Europe North, Europe West, Singapore, South East Asia, U.S. East. Searches will continue to show results based on words in the video title and description. Additionally, transcript search will not work for individual videos on the player page in South East Asia and U.S. East. /li>
- OneNote in Teams will be read-only for commercial and education tenants. To edit, please use OneNote for the web or the OneNote desktop app.
- Download size and sync frequency of file attachments has been changed.
- Customers who use OneDrive Files On-Demand and choose to “display items by using large thumbnails” in Windows Explorer or Mac Finder will see generic icons instead of thumbnails for a subset of file types, such as PDF and video files. Photo file thumbnails (jpeg, jpg, png, etc) are not affected by this change.
- We are rescheduling specific backend operations to regional evening and weekend business hours. Impacted capabilities include migration, DLP, apps that scan the service, and delays in file management after uploading a new file, video or image.
- Reduced video resolution for playback videos.
- The following blog is now available with some additional information about these temporary changes: Awareness of temporary adjustments in SharePoint Online
- Frequency of Presence checking.
- Interval we show when the other party is typing.
- Reduced video resolution.
- Meeting recording video resolution adjusted to 720p.
- For the latest on Stream people timeline, please see MC211744.
We will continue to monitor our Microsoft 365 services on an ongoing basis and share any further updates here.