From Microsoft Corporation
MC213422, Stay Informed, Published date: May 15, 2020
Updated 5/31/2020: We have updated the links in this message to ensure they resolve correctly.
We are improving the hyperlink and date and time field editors in SharePoint lists and document libraries. We are also making it possible to create all column types directly from Quick Edit. All the data in existing hyperlink and date and time fields will be retained and unchanged.
When this will happen
- We will be rolling this out to Targeted Release customers in late May; the rollout will be complete in mid-June.
- We will be rolling this out to Standard Release customers in mid-June; the rollout will be complete by the end of July.
How this affects your organization
For the hyperlink field type
- We are replacing the legacy editor used in Quick Edit mode within SharePoint lists or document libraries.
- The new hyperlink editor replaces the previous iframe experience with a modern experience.
For the date and time field type
- We are replacing the legacy calendar control in SharePoint lists and libraries.
- When filling or adjusting the date field in Quick Edit or a Form, users will see the latest Office Fabric calendar for Gregorian calendars, providing a coherent experience across all products.
- Note: for non-Gregorian calendars, we will continue to provide full non-Gregorian calendar support.
For column types
- We are replacing the legacy column creation in Quick Edit with the modern column creation.
- Users will be able to create all column types directly from Quick Edit.
What you need to do to prepare
This release has no impact on tenant admins. You might consider updating your end user documentation and training.