From Microsoft Corporation
Technical Bulletin MC302460 · Published Dec 8, 2021
We now officially support the use of Azure Active Directory Dynamic Groups to be used as audiences within SharePoint Online’s audience targeting system. Previously, we supported Active Directory (AD) security groups and Microsoft 365 groups. Support of dynamic groups will expand capabilities of SharePoint’s audience targeting to deliver additional richness in the types of groups that can be used.
When this will happen:
Support for the use of Azure Active Directory dynamic groups is available now in your environment.
How this will affect your organization:
- If you would like to use Azure Active Directory dynamic groups, you can automatically start to add them from the audience picker in the areas where targeting is supported in SharePoint Online, including navigation and selected web parts.
- If you do not wish to use dynamic groups, the targeting system will continue to support other Active Directory groups such as security groups and Microsoft 365 groups.
What you need to do to prepare:
- Dynamic membership rules for groups in Azure Active Directory
- Rules for dynamically populated groups membership
- Target navigation, news, files, links, and web parts to specific audiences
- Target content to a specific audience on a SharePoint site
TECHNICAL BULLETIN END
QuixTec provides this and other technical bulletins ‘unaltered’ from Microsoft. As an authorized Microsoft Partner, we ensure that all our solutions we deliver to you include the latest Microsoft updates.
ABOUT US: QuixTec, LLC is a U.S. certified Veteran Owned, modern DevOps organization and Microsoft Partner that specializes in Microsoft SharePoint, Office 365 expertise & HTML5 technologies for small to enterprise-sized organizations. The founder, Richard, has 30 years of experience working with several notable companies that include World Vision, Expedia, Microsoft, Levi Strauss, NASA, Boeing Aerospace, Los Alamos National Laboratory, and the U.S. Air Force, to name a few. QuixTec is in the Seattle area. Phone today for a free consultation and project estimate: